- Ski resort
- Winter activities
- Winter Lift Pass
NEW BEGINNER AREA AT 1840m ALTITUDE, FACING MONT-BLANC
The STBMA, operator of the Saint-Gervais ski area, is opening a space dedicated to the discovery of snow sports this winter. The area is easily accessible with the Bettex-Mont d'Arbois gondola which takes skiers and pedestrians to an altitude of 1840m.
This new progressive ski area has all the advantages of a beginner's area (wide slopes, progressive slopes, modern covered magic carpet, easy draglift for a gentle climb) with an icing on the cake: the panorama of the Mont- White ! The space is accessible to pedestrians for family or friends to accompany and encourage. As a bonus, the “Charlotte la Marmotte” play area equipped with modules, wooden games and a slide allows the youngest to take a break while having fun.
A BEGINNER SPACE AT ALTITUDE FOR OPTIMAL CONDITIONS
The choice to create the "Marmottons" beginner's area at an altitude of 1840m is not random, as explained by the director of the Saint-Gervais ski area, Alexandre Merlin: "In general, the learning areas are located at the bottom of the ski areas. This has several disadvantages for beginner skiers: they do not take advantage of the exceptional view that one has from the summits and the quality of the snow is often better in altitude. For our beginner's area project, we have therefore selected the Mont d'Arbois, an area at altitude accessible to skiers and pedestrians by cable car, with guaranteed snow, restaurants and cafes nearby, a play area for fun and a picnic area in front of Mont-Blanc…the perfect place for families! »
A WIDE CHOICE OF EASY SLOPES TO GO TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
The Saint-Gervais ski area also offers a wide choice of green and blue slopes (111 slopes in total) which allow you to progress on varied pistes in a setting of pine forests, frozen mountain lakes, authentic alpine chalets and 360° panorama... After a little training on the Marmottons area, skiers can easily descend from an altitude of 1840 m to the bottom of the slopes on the very beautiful "Chateluy" green run.
It is therefore possible to learn to ski in ideal conditions without giving up all the attractions of the mountain: magnificent landscapes, a coffee break on a deckchair in the sun (with the children playing nearby...) and a gourmet lunch in a restaurant !
THE MONT D’ARBOIS PROJECT IN SAINT-GERVAIS
The redevelopment of the summit of Mont d'Arbois has been designed for the different uses of the site, while preserving the landscape:
1. Restructuring of spaces to create a real ski area dedicated to beginners, and accessible to “first-timers”
2. Fast and comfortable access to the summit with the new magic carpet
3. Replacement of the Col ski lift by a modern and gentle draglift that connects with the new carpet, and give access to progressive skiing zones
4. Extension of the surface at the gondola exit to improve the flow of skiers and pedestrians
5.Attention to the integration both in terms of the insertion of landscaping and of the respect of the environment in order to enhance the exceptional environment in which the skier evolves
Budget : 1.5 millions euros
INNOVATION: A ONE-OF-A-KIND MAGIC CARPET
The COL draglift has been replaced by a faster and safer dradlift. A little further up the slope, a covered carpet has been installed. The constant concern to enhance the natural environment has led the STBMA to innovate in terms of landscape integration. No more plexiglass tube in the middle of the landscape, this “semi-embedded” carpet is adorned with a green cover, drastically reducing the visual and environmental impact of the project. The lift will give access to a new “first-time skiers” area, with a very gentle constant slope of 9%.
These two areas are totally complementary, with a progression of skiing from top (entry point of the area for beginners) to bottom with the ski lift and its various slopes. The location of the lifts also allows skiers coming from Mont Joux to easily reach the summit of Mont d'Arbois.
5 SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS FOR VISITORS
1. The creation of a new area for beginner skiing, accessible to all, allows skiers to learn about the joys of skiing on safe slopes and lifts in a sumptuous setting.
2. The future roller ski lift and the new covered magic carpet significantly improve the comfort of customers and especially beginners.
3. The optimization of skier and pedestrian flows on a major axis of the area makes access to the site more readable and more functional for visitors.
4. The reduction of the visual impact of the installations on the Mont d'Arbois sector of Saint-Gervais makes it possible to enhance the panorama and the exceptional landscapes of the Mont-Blanc valley.
5. These redevelopment works improve the 4-season offer (walking routes, mountain biking, play areas) at the arrival of the Bettex-Mont d'Arbois gondola and boost activity in winter as in summer.
THE ENVIRONMENT AT THE HEART OF OUR STRATEGY
For more than 10 years, the Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc ski area has been committed to an environmental approach aimed at reducing the ecological footprint of its activity on the natural environment. The Mont d'Arbois de St Gervais development project is part of a logic of sustainable development, integrating environmental techniques and a sensitive landscape approach. It was carried out in such a way as to limit the impact on the environment as much as possible.
All the sections