\ The environment, a priority! \ Our mountains are beautiful, we love them and respect them. Help us protect our environment!
1. Zero waste In the high mountains, all waste rubbish must descend! The notion of biodegradability does not exist in cold conditions.
2. Blue gold Water is an extremely precious resource. Do not waste water unnecessarily…
3.Think before you drive The first kilometre is the most polluting and more than half our car journeys do not exceed two!
So walk or take the resort shuttle bus!
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS)
To implement our environmental policy, STBMA commits to: - Follow applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Establish targets for pollution prevention.
- Establish targets to reduce waste reduction.
- Continually review and improve our environmental program.
- Communicate our environmental work and policy to employees and the public.
Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc Mountain Resort has achieved ISO 14001 registration of its environmental programs. ISO 14001 registration is the most widely known and respected environmental stamp of approval, which demonstrates responsible management of our environmental impacts.
I SKI, I USE ENERGY
To calculate your carbon footprint, it is simple : just multiply the number of skied days by 170g of CO2 !
For instance, if you skied 6 days, the carbon footprint is 6x 170 = 1020g of CO2, which is the equivalent of driving 7 km in a family car.